Let’s talk about Smart Speakers.
Smart speakers, such as Amazon’s Alexa, are slowly becoming the latest fad. A recent study by Edison Research and NPR explores how smart speakers are entering peoples lives.
Here are some key findings their Smart Audio Report:
- 45% of Smart Speaker owners plan to purchase another Smart Speaker.
- 52% of Smart Speaker owners keep their speaker in their living rooms.
- 47% of Smart Speaker owners report that they use their speaker more often than they did the first month after purchase.
Clearly, Smart Speaker ownership is on the rise. 42% of participants say that their Smart Speakers are essential to their everyday lives. But, why does everyone want a Smart Speaker?
The study finds that people want Smart Speakers because:
- 90% say to listen to music
- 87% say to ask questions without needing to type
- 86% say it seemed like a fun new gadget
- 77% say to listen to news and information
- 71% say to control audio with your voice
- 69% say to make it easier to do things
- 65% say because of the sound quality
- 63% say to set alarms
- 53% say to discover new songs
- 48% say to control smart home devices
- 44% say to listen to talk radio/sports talk
- 40% say to listen to podcasts
Smart Speakers enable us to use cutting edge technology to further ease the hustle of our daily lives. As a result, they become an essential part of owner’s daily lives. That’s why 65% of Smart Speaker owners say they wouldn’t want to go back to life without their Smart Speaker. Furthermore, 40% of people say their Smart Speaker has had an impact on their lives.